Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Palm iPod killer?

This is an IPOD killer!!

The first time I read it in last week's Computimes, I didn't know what to make of it. Was it a PDA ? They didn't call it a PDA. Was it a MP3 player like the iPod?

But it can view movies too.

It has an internal hard drive just like an iPod. Over 4Gb worth of space.

Then I read the specs.

Oh .... it has a Palm OS and have software like DocToGo
- so it's "just" a PDA but jam packed with features.

'PalmOne





The very first PDA that shipped with a hard drive was thhe Sharp
Zaurus SL-C3000 but it was only available in Japan.

Then came iPod as the very first MP3 player with a internal hard drive.

My first looks: Very Impressive!!

It weighs only 6.8 ounces but jam-packed with features that include:-

  • 416MHz XScale processor
  • 65MB of RAM
  • 4GB hard drive
  • 480 x 320-pixel
  • 3.9-inch TFT
  • SD slot
  • 802.11b
  • Bluetooth
  • plays MPEG and AVI video
  • plays MP3 audio
  • Palm OS 5.4.
  • USB cable interface


  • Negatives :-

  • probably the price : US 499 (Around RM2000).
  • Battery not swappeable - that's a big boo boo in my books. Cannot change battery when in middle of listening to song.

    PalmOne markets this as a "notebook alternative" and it's pretty cool.

    Still with the shortcoming of no extra battery, the LifeDrive is now no. 1 on my wishlist. I will get it at the end of the year with my bonus (provided
    there is one :)

    Related reviews and links:-

  • Mobile Tech Review
  • CNet Review

14 comments:

Jon said...

You mean 'LifeDrive'.

surfnux said...

Hey, I saw it in Low Yat. Lots of shops have started selling it. RM 2069 if I was not mistaken. :p Cool thing.

DumbWebProgrammer said...

Oops sorry yeah LifeDrive. Making corrections now :)

DumbWebProgrammer said...

to surfnux:-

Wow! Thanks.I'll go over to Low Yat in the weekend and drool all over it.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my pharmacy employement
blog site.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Prodigious blog. Loved it so much I went to it
again! Just go online and search for blogs that are
worth the value as yours.
Sweetie, go and search my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog for what you need.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

I took pleasure in the site and I will go back!
Surfing online for blogs like this one is worth my
time. Sensational blog.
Sweetie, go and search my medical staffing
blog for what you need.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Look into my blog.

Reliable One Staffing Services said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
I hope you can look through my michigan pharmacy jobs
blog.

rph jobs471 said...

Captivating blog. I love surfing the web for the
type of blogs that you do. It had me on the edge of my
seat and I kept going back to again and again!
Please take a journey to my online pharmacy valium blog.

grip the lip said...

Exciting blog. Your site was amazing and will be
back again! I never get tired of looking for blogs
just like this one.
Oh please, check for the blog site with my cash advance austin!

Anonymous said...

This is a great site and i would highly recommend online pharmacy rx . You can get more information on online pharmacy rx at online pharmacy rx

job opportunitya said...

I peep the web for blogs just like this one.
Airtight blog. Your site was off the chain and I will
return!
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my plastic surgery breast augmentation blog site.

cash advance nassau said...

Donnie needs you have time to peep out his cash advance center blog about the new